Documents to submit
We ask you to carefully consider the collection of documents in order to avoid problems with the refusal to reimburse the costs incurred by you.
JINR requires the submission of the following documents:
- High-quality scanned copy of a passport, 2 pages: with your photo and personal data.
- For Russian citizens we additionally need: TIN (ИНН) copy, personal insurance policy (СНИЛС) copy, copy of the passport page with registration.
- Air ticket, railway ticket, other tickets (if purchased).
- Receipts for payment of all tickets.
- Insurance for non-citizens of the Russian Federation (if purchased by a participant).
- Receipt for payment of insurance (if purchased by a participant).
- High-quality copy of the visa (if received)
- Receipt for payment of the visa (if the visa was not free)
- Your personal bank details. Please use rouble account in a Russian bank.
- Boarding passes (original, i.e. hard copy, issued at the airport of departure at the time of check-in for the flight).
Attention! Very important information!
* Please note that the JINR accounting department accepts for reimbursement only those tickets in which the arrival date exactly corresponds to the date of the start of the internship, and the departure date corresponds to the date of its end.
* All documents, except # 10, must be submitted to the START Team by email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 weeks before arrival in Dubna. This will allow us to issue a pass on the JINR territory on time, to book a hotel, to prepare documents for the payment of per diem, be prepared for reimbursement of travel expenses, etc.
* Upon arrival in Dubna (on the 1st working day), all original documents from the list + original boarding passes should be handed to the office. 431 of the JINR University Centre, Olga Reshetova. The documents can be left in a pocket on the door of the mentioned office. Olga will prepare a package of documents and transfer them to the accounting department.
* Tickets must be bought directly THROUGH THE WEBSITE OF THE AIRLINE, railway tickets - through the website of the carrier, because in this case, you will NOT pay any additional ticketing service fees. Service charges, flight (trip) insurance and other additional charges are NOT subject to payment.
* Another reason to buy a ticket on the airline's website is that such tickets fully comply with the requirements, and contain all the necessary information.
* Please use YOUR PERSONAL PLASTIC CARD when buying a ticket. The receipt that comes to your e-mail after buying a ticket must also be submitted to the organizing committee.
* If you pay for your ticket, insurance or visa in cash, a receipt of payment is required.
The access to JINR territory is restricted by the Security Department; therefore, we strongly advise the Practice participants to observe the following simple rules of entering and leaving the JINR territory. In particular:
- Your passport is your entry permission. Always take it with you, when entering or leaving JINR.
- You may take your personal laptops, mobile phones and tablet PCs. You may carry bags or backpacks.
- The security officers may inspect the contents of your bags or backpacks.
- ATTENTION: it is strongly prohibited to:
- bring photo and video cameras
- take photos and videos around the Security Gate
- bring explosives, flammable substances, fire-, pneumatic, traumatic, gas and cold arms to the JINR territory
- bring and drink alcohol
- take away the inventory from the JINR territory without a specially issued permission
- smoke on the JINR territory.
Once again: NO PHOTO AND VIDEO CAMERAS. YOU CAN TAKE YOUR SMARTPHONES, LAPTOPS AND TABLET PCs WITH YOU, BUT YOU CANNOT TAKE PHOTOS OR VIDEOS USING THESE GADGETS, ESPECIALLY NEAR THE SECURITY GATE AND IN FRONT OF MILITARY PEOPLE.
Pass to the JINR territory
To enter the JINR territory, you need a pass, please, get it at 13 Joliot-Curie str., room 110. To get your pass, please send a scan of your passport and visa to the START Team not later than 2 weeks before your arrival. A regular pass provides access to the JINR territory Mon-Fri 8:00-20:00.
Please return it to the Pass Issuing Office after you leave the JINR territory for the last time or leave it at the hotel reception desk.
START participants stay at hotel “Dubna”, bld. 3, also known as “Grill”, at the following address: Moskovskaya street, 2.
Each room has a kettle, a mini-stove, a fridge, a hair dryer, bed linen and towels. There is a laundry hall on the 1st (ground) floor with washing machines, dryers, and ironing equipment. Please, ask the receptionists on the rates of using the laundry.
Also, there's a small gym and a bicycle parking in the hotel.
There is free Wi-Fi, the signal is good in the reception area and may get worse on the higher floors.
JINR provides START participants with free accommodation in a hotel and per diems in the amount of 1000 roubles per day. JINR also covers visa and medical insurance expenses and reimburses travel costs.
Please note that the JINR accounting department accepts for reimbursement only those tickets in which the arrival date exactly corresponds to the date of the start of the internship, and the departure date corresponds to the date of its end.
All payments are made in cash in Russian roubles during the participants’ stay in Dubna, only after the participants have submitted the original boarding passes and other confirming documents to the Team.
The list of confirming documents is available on the Programme website in the section "Useful info" - "Documents to submit".
The START Team will inform you by email about the date and time of receiving per diems and reimbursement of travel expenses. This will happen not earlier than 2 weeks after the full set of documents has been submitted to the Team.
The requirements to the report are the following:
1. The report should include an abstract that will be published on the website.
2. The abstract must be written in English and should contain not more than 150 words.
3. The language of the main part must be English.
4. The volume of the main part should be 10-15 pages (including figures and references), font size 12-14.
5. The contents of the main part should include the following sections: introduction (main problem, background, findings), project goals, scope of work, methods, figures/diagrams/plots, results, conclusion (discussions, prospects), references, acknowledgments.
6. The report should be uploaded not later than 1 week after the Session has ended.
After uploading, the report should be approved by the project supervisor (the supervisor does that by pressing the APPROVE button on the website) and by the START Team. After that the report is considered officially submitted.
8. The format of the uploaded report should be doc or pdf.
To upload the report, go to your Session page and follow all the instructions in the “Add report” section.
After the report is uploaded and approved, you will be able to download a participation certificate.
Breakfast is served at the hotel and is included in the accommodation cost. Please, ask about the time of breakfast service at the hostel reception desk. Lunch and dinner are at the expense of the participants. During the workdays, the participants can have lunch in one of the cafeterias on the Institute's territory. The range of foods in the Main Cafeteria can satisfy different types of diets. There are many places in Dubna where you can have dinner.
There are no special menus at JINR cafeterias. However, the range of foods is wide enough to suit non-pork, vegan, or vegetarian diets.
The office of the START team is in the JINR University Centre – building of the Laboratory of Information Technologies, room 433.
Phone: +7(49621) 64942.
Postal address: 6 Joliot-Curie street, 141980, Dubna, Moscow region, Russia, JINR University Centre, Mrs. Elena Karpova.
START participants stay at JINR dormitory, at the following address: Leningradskaya street, 10 in double rooms. Please be prepared to have another student sharing the room with you.
Check-in to the dormitory is available 24 hours a day. To check into a dormitory, a certificate of fluorography is required. Please prepare it in advance.
Each room has two beds, bed linen and towels, two working tables, two chairs, storage space for personal items. Bed linen is changed once every 10 days.
The dormitory has one shared kitchen at each floor with refrigerators and gas stoves. Dishes for cooking, kettles, can be taken from the dormitory supervisor.
Ladies' toilet rooms are located on the 1st and 3rd floors, men's - on the 2nd and 4th floors. The shared shower is located on the ground floor.
There is a laundry hall on the 1st floor with washing machines, and ironing equipment. Also, there's a small gym with a tennis table and a bicycle parking in the dormitory.
There is free Wi-Fi.